RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold mod. N811rt ser.(NNN) NNN-NNNNnot working on 120v but seems…

Norcold mod. N811rt ser.(NNN) NNN-NNNNnot...
Norcold mod. N811rt ser.(NNN) NNN-NNNNnot working on 120v but seems to freeze on propane!!! Any suggestions?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/24/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...

On the controls is the ON button flashing when it does not work in AC mode? If so how many times is it flashing?

Thanks, Robert
Robert Ihave a manual there were no no no flashes green lite steady on. Always had temp set at 3 has been perfect. Started to defrost , no frost on fins , freezer thawing, turned 120 v off , turned back on at 5 and still defrosting, so I tried the propane and the fins have frost Freezing ice. Now is there any electric boards in this unit? The man .i have does not say! Maybe a dirty board or failed?please advise , u may call at 1 XXX-XXX-XXXX thank u .marty
Yes you should have a lower circuit board and it could be the issue, I would also ohm out the AC heating element,that should have wires running from the round flue canister to the circuit board, if you unplug the wires you can ohm them out. It should read 38 to 53 ohms. Click HERE this might be different from the manual you have. That circuit board should also have an AC fuse on it. Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Hi There

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Robert
Robert: I finally had a tech check the fridge and he by passed the control boards and wire the cooling unit direct hoping it would start to freeze the main cabinet about 4.hrs. but did not freeze .He figures that the cooling unit is not good: about 1000 and 3 wks. Plus install fee etc. now approx.1500 so I think will have it replaced about 1800. Reading on the net Norcold has had problems with cooling and has a recall but my mod and ser do not fit . Anyway I thank you for the info.. Marty
Thanks for the update, you should be able to go to a Norcold or Dometic, they have conversion charts, many times the cabinet may also need to be modified, just a heads up on that..... IF you are satisfied please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get partial credit, if you are not satisfied please let me know.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic