RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2005 monaco diplomat with a norcold refrigrator,

the light is in in...
We have a 2005 monaco diplomat with a norcold refrigrator, the light is in in the panel but
The refrig is not getting cold
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

What is the model of the Norcold and have you tried running it on LP and AC power?

Thanks, Robert

My husband went to see model. It is 4 door and we did try both.
OK sounds good I am betting it is a 1200 Also need to send him out again, pull the outside access panel for the fridge, look for a little black box, on the black box will be a led light, normally it is clipped to the absorber coils and the wires will run from the circuit board to the round flue canister... I will explain in my next reply....

Robert
Is there a reset butto? It is a 1200
OK

Need to know if you have that little black box and if the red led is ON.... This will take some going back and forth.....

Also when we are done I will request a refund for you on the other question you opened up so you do not get doube charged.....
OK

I got your reply, about the light not being on. That was a high limit sensor recall and wanted to make sure you had it done and the red led light was not on.....

So.... This could be a cooling unit failure. The next step would be to run it on AC power for a few hours, go to the outside access panel and feel the area where the wires are going into the round flue canister that should feel very HOT,next feel the gray absorber coils on the back of the fridge, they should feel very warm from top to bottom, if they are cool then you could have a bad cooling unit. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. For a rupture you might smell ammonia, hear a gurgle when you turn the fridge on or see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, for a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both LP and AC power...... One other thing could be the thermistor, if you have a volt meter I can tell you how to check that....... Robert
Coils are warm not hot heard gurgle
OK

If the coils are warm from top to bottom it could be an issue with the thermistor. I am going to give you a manual but will explain. What you are going to do is find the thermistor inside the fridge, you are going to put that end in a cup of ice water, next you are going to go down to the circuit board under the outside access panel and remove the thermistor wires from the circuit board, with a volt meter set to ohms, ohm the thermistor, it should be about 30 ohms.... Click HERE and see page 17.. If the thermistor was faulty you might not get any cooling, if the thermistor checks out good, you have run the fridge for several hours and coils are warm then most likely you have a bad lower circuit board... Robert

I also closed the other question and requested a refund on that one for you so you do not get double charged. When you are satisfied with my service please feel free to select a rating it is the only way I get credit.
Hi Renee

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Robert

Just checking in with you to see if you still need more help.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic