RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic RM 2612 in my trailer. The front panel lights…

I have a Dometic RM...
I have a Dometic RM 2612 in my trailer. The front panel lights do not come on. I've verified that have 12 V juice coming in, cleaned the burner, flue, verified heater element works, etc. but note that the 3A fuse keeps blowing when I turn the battery on. I have been through the Service Tips manual and things seem to check out Don't want to replace circuit board at the moment until I know why the fuse keeps blowing Thoughts on additional trouble shooting or suggestions to investigate cause of fuse blowing?
5/20/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay, I assume no other experts have responded because most likely the circuit board is at fault and you have tested per the service manual. What I would do is have a shop that has the PAL tester test the lower and upper circuit board. One of these most likely is going to be the problem and many good RV shops or parts places will have the PAL tester. That 3 amp fuse is the DC supply so I might try and hook up another DC supply from a battery to see if it still blows, sometimes a power converter can put out dirty voltage or AC ripple and the circuit board does not like it. IF the fuse does not blow then I would try wiring this direct from the battery, the board needs "filtered" DC power and that would be from the battery. Just an idea to try, beyond that I would have a shop test, do not want to replace the lower board and it be the control board up top.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic