RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2008 Keystone 5th wheel with a 2 door dometic fridge.

When I push auto mode...
I have a 2008 Keystone 5th wheel with a 2 door dometic fridge. When I push auto mode the light comes on but then the check light comes on (only when propane is not on). I can hear the dsi trying to light the propane but to no avail (as it is off). The electric does not kick in.
All the other systems seem to work with the 30 amp plugged in. Do I maybe have a sh9ort or loose connection somewhere? This is the first weekend this year but I had no problems for the last 4 years when on the initial open up. Perhaps mice problems as I am on a seasonal lot and leave the trailer there all the time?
Any suggestions? I am pretty handy doing most of the checking myself but I don't want to move the trailer at this time. Is there any generic schematics I can download to troubleshoot this problem or ???
5/20/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert.....

So you are saying when it is plugged into power and you select Auto it is not going to AC power and the LP is trying to ignite?

What is the model of the Dometic, most Dometics start win a RM, DM and a number, should be a sticker inside the door.... Have never seen the model you wrote down..

Robert

unfortunately I am not at the trailer now and won't be until the 23 may. Never thought of this. It has a freezer compartment and a fridge compartment.

on top there is a button that says on/off and that is for the auto mode.Also has a gas button that you can press for just gas. Supposedly when you press the Auto mode ON/Off it selects AC first and then Propane if AC is not available, according to my Keystone user manual. This doesn't seem to be happening as there is also a Check Light that comes on if I have the Propane turned off and only the Auto Mode selected.

OK

There are so many different models Dometic uses, they all work pretty much the same and I will provide a service manual for you, if it does not look right please let me know or you can come back with the model number. To me is sounds like you have a faulty circuit board. The circuit board will be located under the outside access panel and have a cover on it you can remove. Check all the connections going to the circuit board, make sure that you have a good 12 volt supply at the terminal block on the fridge. Click HERE this one covers several models.... it will provide some troubleshooting. IF the lower circuit board is not the issue then it is the upper control panel... IF you need to wait and get back to me that is fine... Robert

I got your answer but hit the wrong button and couldn’t talk to you again. I got the schematics and a couple look like mine but won’t know until I get back to the trailer. I’m sure one will be the same and at least I have something to go on.
I didn’t have a chance to rate you because of my slopply fingers. How do I do that now although I may have another question once I get to my trailer if none of these are the same. Mine looks like the auto refrig temp control on page 7 and the model on the left
RM2652 etc except hinges are on the left and the climate control is in the same position as the diagram. Will try to get back to you if that is ok, I may be able to get there tommorow if not too busy at work.
Thanks
Chuck

I am here..... Yes you can follow up with me after rating, you should be able to do so again on this posting.... I am around daily and respond when I can, we are starting to get very busy so I will respond when I can... Robert

My guess was the rm 2652, we will see.
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi Chuck,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Robert

I found the problem that was a 5 amp slow blow fuse on the lower control board. Once I replaced it (thanks to the schematics I got) the fridge did work as it was supposed to. RM2652.