RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38J. the Jacks and slides suddenly stopped…

2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38J. the...
2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38J. the Jacks and slides suddenly stopped working, I can hear a motor running when buttons are pushed but nothing moves. The rear slide stopped while still 1/2 way extended so I can't take it over the road, not sure if it will fit through my driveway while extended so I need to get it retracted where it is. I tried several RV service groups but they do not do road service or are to far way.
I have read the service manual about manual retracting the slide but can not identify the correct selonoid for the rear slide to be able to vent the hydrolic pressure off.
Manually pushing in the slide will be another problem once venting is completed.
5/19/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert...

To start make sure the hydraulic tank has fluid in it, that tank should be located next to the pump/motor. The fluid should be right below the port, you can use dexron if needed. IF the motor is running it could be low on fluid, a faulty solenoid, bad pump, bad line or low voltage. Make sure you have the engine running as that will give you max voltage. The solenoid valves for the slide rooms will be the ones with the 1/4" nuts on the end of the solenoid caps. I would open them all up ONE at a time, if the main room starts to creep out shut the solenoid, you should see the room move. Once you have the solenoid open the room may want to creep back in and it might take little effort to push it back in. Once the room is in shut all the solenoid valves. Really no way around of not pushing that rear slide room in, if you have to I would recruit some help to push it in. I hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

there are 7 solenoids all have 1/4" nuts non have T handles an manual describes. 4 solenoids with 3 below them. I would guess the 4 are for the jacks and the 3 are for the 3 slides, correct?

Yes I do beleive that is correct, you are not going to hurt anything if you open them one at a time about 4 to 6 turns, but I would do them one at a time, if you see a jack moving or the main slide shut the valve and try the next, it should only move a few inches and many times as soon as you open that valve you can tell which room or if the jack is moving. I can also look at the HWH site and see if they have some more information if you like..... Robert