RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

have a cruiser 5th wheel, frig not working, worked fine last…

have a cruiser 5th wheel...
have a cruiser 5th wheel, frig not working, worked fine last trip, what do I check, lite on frig is on.
5/6/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert....

This might take some going back and forth..... To start what is the Make and Model of the fridge? Should be a sticker inside the door....

1. Have you tried it on both AC and LP power? IS the flame going on LP and not cooling?
2. Some fridges will give error codes, flashing lights or display letters, are you seeing anything like that?

Thanks, Robert

dometic

OK

I am going to need the model number as well and need to really know if the flame is going and it is not cooling. Dometic has many, many different models.

Robert

#2932776

Normally on the Dometics the model number will start with a RM and then a number....

Also need to know if you select LP if the flame is going, this can be seen by removing the outside access and looking at the bottom of the flue canister....

Robert

rm 2652 &rm2852

OK

So I need a better discription of what is going on, when you select LP is the check light coming on? IF you go outside and remove the access cover for the back of the fridge can you see the flame going? Have you tried running it on AC power?

I am not by camper so I can not check , I was having the wife look, thanks for your help.

OK

I am going to give you a service manual to look at it might help, click HERE for that,IF you have more questions please feel free to follow up with me, I am online most days and will respond if needed..... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic