RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2003 Winnebago Adventurer- gas furnace blower runs and produces…

2003 Winnebago Adventurer- gas furnace...
2003 Winnebago Adventurer- gas furnace blower runs and produces heat (as noted at the read exhaust vent) but there is only a slight air flow to the in-floor ducts.
2/13/2014
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi my name is Robert.....

Do you have the make and model of the furnace? Normally an issue with air flow if the air is hot can be a ducting issue or fan problem. Some furnaces will have ducting coming off the furnace and others will go directly into the floor, you want to find the furnace and check for any air leaks around the output and make sure nothing is blocking the intake air. What you also might try for a test is block some vents inside and see if the air flow increases at the others, not sure if your in floor heat registers have a feature that will allow you to close them. Sometimes closing them is a good way to direct the volume to other areas. IF you know the make and model of the furnace I might be able to help you some more. Please feel free to respond if you have more questions or concerns.... Robert

The motor home is up at a lake that is 85 miles away I and I will be heading back later today. Mostly needed to know if there is some type of a damper that opens and closes on the adventurer with the coleman basement style heat pump. The gas furnace is separate and uses floor ducts. The heat pump and a/c uses ceiling ducts. There must be some device that splits the systems???? It feels like the air from the furnace is being dumpted out somewhere. The fan seems to be running at full speed. I am not sure of the gas furnace type.

Ok.....normally the heat pump ac unit is separate from the gas furnace, if the gas furnace is the issue I would be looking at the ducting and make sure nothing is blocking the air intake....I am not aware of anything that separates the two systems. If you would like another experts input please let me know........Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Done