RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2011 dutchmen lite 295bhgs microwave and tv not working. Is…

2011 dutchmen lite 295bhgs microwave...
2011 dutchmen lite 295bhgs microwave and tv not working. Is there a electrical panel somewhere? Thanks
2/9/2014
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Are you using any kind of adapter on the shore cord? Does this have a 50 amp (4 prongs) or a 30 amp (3 prongs) cord?
Hi Randall.
The service is 30 amp, but I do have an adapter which connects to the 30 amp rv cord, allowing it to be plugged into a standard 110 receptacle. Is this causing the problem?
Is the outlet a 30 amp or lower rated plug? Not sure what kind of adapter you have here.
Sounds like you may be pulling too much amperage and tripping out the GFCI plug. Check that and get back to me.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall,
I'm not sure. The adapter has a plug on one end that the 30amp rv cord plugs into from the camper. The other end of the adapter is a standard 110 plug. The adapter is only about 1 foot of cord. I have the adapter temporarily plugged into a heavy duty extension cord of about 8 feet that plugs into a 110 outlet at the rv service box at the rv park. I have this until I can get another 30 amp rv cord long enough to get to the rv service box and plug into the actual30 amp receptacle. Not trying to run ac, just checking microwave and tv.
Did you check the GFCI receptacles to see if one was tripped? Or did you flip off the breakers and then back on again? It should be one or the other.
I will check the GFCI and breakers this afternoon and let you know. Thanks
10-4
Randall,
I replaced the adapter with a 30 amp rv cord, joining it to the other 30 amp rv cord. I also found the breaker box and reset the breakers. Everything seems to work now. Your advise was spot on. Thanks so much.
Thanks for letting me know, Terry..............and your positive feedback would be appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.