RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 Fleetwood Terry with an outside shower which…

I have a 2005 Fleetwood...
I have a 2005 Fleetwood Terry with an outside shower which froze. How can I bypass so that I can have water to my inside shower and sinks?
12/10/2013
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Get two 1/2" pipe plugs like you can find in a hardware store. They can be metal or plastic. RV shops have plastic ones. About $10 and after you shut off the water you can get to the rear of the shower fixture and remove the hoses and then plug them off. That would be the quickest if you can't repair the fixture right now.

Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

I did that, but only have water to toilet. Any ideas?

Then it sounds like more lines froze up and would need to be thawed out. Most are down under the floor and accessible by going into the service storage bays. Some lights left on down there in those areas will generate heat and thaw them out. It was 8 degrees below zero where I live today and I got lots of calls about frozen pipes. Rare in my area to be this cold and many just weren't prepared. Keep it as warm as you can inside as well. No other good way to do this thawing out. A 100 watt bulb puts out a lot of heat in a confined space. Take care that it isn't resting against anything. Hang it from the top of the bay and secure it there. Hopefully, by morning you will have water. Leave the taps open slightly so as to let any thawing work with you by moving the water. Moving water is harder to freeze.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification