RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2008 monaco camelot - both switches to front slideouts not…

Customer Question
2008 monaco camelot - both...
2008 monaco camelot - both switches to front slideouts not working. Was retracting when it stopped. Checked 15 amp fuse in bathroom and it is fine
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
11/13/2013
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

This is usually caused by batteries that are low and need charging or failing. When was the last time you had them serviced and load tested? That needs to be done on a regular basis. Most places that sell batteries can test them for you. If you remove them, be sure and mark the cables well and even take a photo or two so you get them hooked back up correctly. Easy to get this wrong if you don't.

So far as the fuses go........look in the driver's side bay where all the electronics are and the slide out fuses should be in there. See your Owner's Manual if you don't see them right away. These vary from model to model and year to year and no way for us to recall them all from memory.

Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

There is nothing related to the slide outs in the drivers side bay. From what I've been able to find on the web, it seems there is a relay reset switch somewhere. I cannot locate the slide out relay resets.

I've looked in rear curbside compartment, drivers side bay, and front generator location and cannot locate.

I don't have any other information on this, so I will opt out and allow another tech to offer something. I don't know when that might be as most have jobs they go to during the day like I do.
RV Mechanic: Toby, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Toby
Toby, RV Mechanic
Did you look near the coach batteries on the main 12volt distribution center or close to it as that breaker has to have a major feed from battery. I should be an 80-125amp breaker

Yep. Pulled the battery trays out - nothing in there but batteries. Looked in the battery disconnect box behind and didn't see anything there to reset either.

sorry i have been put in hospital heart problem can not respond

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here. See page 118 of your Owner's Manual. The slide room module is beneath the far rear curbside cabinet. There will be a 5 amp fuse and a 20 amp circuit breaker that may be bad. Low battery voltage or failing batteries is usually the cause of this problem as I previously mentioned. See the link below if you don't have an Owner's Manual.

http://www.monacocoach.com/StaticFiles/monaco/ownersmanuals/2008/08_camelot_OM.pdf

The main fuse panel is in the bathroom area. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Not even close. I found it. It's behind a bunch of cables behind the generator. Got lots of guesses from people on this site looking to get paid.

I just relayed to you what your Owner's Manual said. They can be wrong sometimes. And there are controls in the exact locations I told you. Please keep in mind we can't see your vehicle from here and there are thousands of them when you consider all the years, makes and models that are out there! And hiding it behind the generator? Even Monaco doesn't usually mess up that bad.........and thanks for letting us know. The CAUSE of this still exists.......and I suspect you DIDN'T know that when you came here. Love your ID!

Should have mentioned I was on shore power. The cause does still exist and I do not know what that was - you are correct.

If you go back and read my first response to you I mentioned what that was and what you should check. Perhaps you didn't read my answer thoroughly......it happens sometimes. Have the batteries load tested at least once a year and be sure you clean the cables or replace any that heavy corrosion. Especially the ground lead to the chassis. On Monaco products the main disconnect is also an issue many times due to burned contacts and it won't pass good voltage across. When that happens the voltage drops and the amperage increases.......and fuses blow and breakers trip. This is the source of about 90% of the electrical issues we see here every day. Hope that clears that up for you........