RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2006 28FKS Jayco travel trailer. Where would I locate the…

2006 28FKS Jayco travel trailer...
2006 28FKS Jayco travel trailer. Where would I locate the drain hose from the freezer. Had an electricity failure and some frozen fish melted and the stench after clean up is terrible. Wonder if it seeped into the seams on the floor of the freezer and how to clean it out??? H E L P !!!
10/19/2013
RV Mechanic: Toby, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Toby
Toby, RV Mechanic

There should be a drain hose either in back of the fridge or it runs from the freezer though the fridge to the bottom of fridge. If your fridge has a bottom kick plate remove kick plate and there will be a tray pull out tray to clean.

If you had a large meltdown the tray may have overfilled and spilt on the floor under the fridge then pullout fridge to inspect flooring

Toby
Toby, RV Mechanic

will visit my camper,up north, Wednesday night to defrost and check out the things you mentioned. Will let you know. TY

ok

I just got back from up north and emptying freezer and refrig from camper. There is no drain hose visable either in the freezer or refrigerator and nothing outside. After chekinng on line, I have purchased some 'active carbon' and placed it in the freezer and refrigerator. I used a sizeable amount so I'm hoping it'll absorb the odor over the next 10 days until we visit it again. Hopefully it'll disapate after the camper has gone through a freezing winter and the carbon will take care of any remaining odor. I appreciate your advice but this model doesn't have the drain or drip pan. 2006 28FKS Jayco Eagle travel trailer ( I did mention this in the beginning) . Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

I replied to the Expert following a visit to my camper Wednesday of last. The advise he gave me didn't apply to my refrigerator/freezer. I had given him the make/year/model of my camper. 2006 28FKS Eagle Jayco Travel trailer. He responded to me with the idea that I had a much smaller refrigerator/freezer unit much like I had way back when owning a pop-up. None of his advise pertained to my unit. It was not helpful so I saught more help on-line. This service was an experience that I might not seek again. It's a learning lesson. He probably was a nice man but not helpful to me. Thank you and hope the $45 helps someone over the holidays. Mary

I gave the model and date of our camper 2006 FKSJayco travel trailer. It has a Norcald freezer/refrig. NO drain hose as you'd find in a pop-up. Can't continue longer, Get up at 4:30 AM for work. I feel we've done all we can at this point here. Happy Thanksgiving. ' Live and Learn"

Nice picture, though, almost looks like a doctor with a stethascope around your neck with the collar design. Happy Fall and Thanksgiving.

I have reread all the posts and no where did I ask you for the make and model of your travel trailer. If you are having an issue with a frig then it would be approiate to giving us the model number of the Norcold freezer/frig and not the travel trailer. When they manufactured your travel trailer there was 3 different freezer/frig plus I have no way of knowing is it the original unit or has it been replaced over the last 7 years.

Provide the model number for freezer/frig