RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Thanks for your help. 02 Winn. Journey no hot water at

Customer Question
Thanks for your help....
Thanks for your help. '02 Winn. Journey no hot water at faucets pulled out WH and found plenty of water coming out of the hot side recently hit ditch in right rear could have dislodged calcium to plug the line? what to do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
10/15/2013
RV Mechanic: Toby, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Toby
Toby, RV Mechanic

No hot water in ALL Faucets?

Do you have any water coming out? Cold water?

Did you open all the faucets to let the air escape?

Can you hear the pump working?

no hot to all

Yes, cold water

Yes, opened all faucets, at first a little flow comes out then decreases right away to a trickle in bath sink and kitchen sink, shower seems to have better but not sufficient flow that keeps going

can't hear any pump, on city water

Relist: Answer came too late.
first time at site
expected help in 15 minutes
this guy had 17 satisfied customers in 6 years?
shouldn't be to hard for an expert
RV Mechanic: tonicbigal, RV Tech - Mobile replied 9 years ago
tonicbigal
tonicbigal, RV Tech - Mobile
Experience: 5 yrs prof schooling;attend RV Troubleshoot Clinics 2012,2013; spec exp 96-00 FLTW Disc; exp finding parts. Finding and reading Winne Diag; RV Window refurb; tankless water heater systems;
I looked up what water heater you have here which is a Atwood G1110A-3C under winnebago parts number but I am having difficulty finding the proper part number under atwood. Can you look on the tank and and send the Atwood part number on the right side in the back should be on the right. I can not tell from the plumbing diagram is you have a mixer valve. If you do have a mixer valve it is prone to debris catching in it. The new mixer valves are better. You can salvage the one you have by soaking it in vinegar and water. Regardless the first item to check is there should be a check valve I believe on the cold water side so the hot water does not back flow out. Anyway check for a check valve check that to see if it got lodged with debris. Can you check to see if this somehow got plugged. Where the hot water comes out if there was a mixer valve this will get easily plugged with calcium.

Since you said you hit a bump. Can first we start simple. Assume you checked to make sure the winter by pass did not get open. First make sure the outside shower faucets are both hot and cold are turned off tightly. If the hot water faucet is open this will cause some of the symptoms you are seeing. Next thing to check is pull all the strainers off the faucets and check for debris. Rinse them in vinegar and water if if you have vinegar. You can rinse out shower head if you want but when debris hits the system the kitchen usually gets hit first then the bathroom faucet. shower head you clean out if you want but doubt if that is an issue. If either the kitchen or bathroom faucet are plugged shower is still affected for flow but not as bad

Let me know model number of water heater and what you find for items mentioned before we go further

Please do not rate me until we have resolved your issues. If I can no longer help I will opt out and get you someone else.