RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I had a new Dometic AC unit installed in zone 2 yesterday.

Now I have an E1...
I had a new Dometic AC unit installed in zone 2 yesterday. Now I have an E1 code on my thermostat and it does not recognize zone 2 at all, only zone 1. Also, the "auto" setting in "mode" selection is no longer an option. It only gives me "fan" "cool" and "off" in the "mode" selections. I had my brand new Columbus 5th wheel delivered last Wednesday and the living area AC went out last Friday. Dometic is taking care of it, but seems to be one problem after another now. Any help would be appreciated since Dometic Tech support is closed today. Thanks,
Jessica
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/12/2013
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

That usually indicates that you haven't got the dip switches in the control box set correctly for your installation. Check that and then do a system reset according to the instructions and it should work.

Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more and please include which thermostat you are using. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Thanks for the response. What and where are the dip switches? Are you talking about the conrtol box on the thermostat? The rooftop AC unit was replaced yesterday. Never had a problem with the thermostat controlling that zone until the unit was replaced.

The dip switches are on the A/C control board. They dictate what features are available for the thermostat. That should be in the instructions that came with the A/C or for the thermostat. What thermostat do you have here?

A Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 thermostat

Do you have the instructions for that or not? If not, you can go to this link and get a copy. See the instructions on zone selection on page 5.

http://www.earthboundrv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Comfort-Control-Center-1.pdf

I do have the instructions for the thermostat. I believe I can turn on the dip switch in the control board, I just don't see the control board. Is it inside the unit on the inside of my rv or do I need to remove the cover outside on the roof? It does say in the Dometic manual that all units are shipped with dip switches in the off position.

They vary depending on the model. Some are in a ceiling control box which you access once you remove the ceiling grill. Some are up top and can be accessed once you take the A/C cover off.

Ok. I found it and sure enough, the dip switch for zone 2 and the furnace were in the off position. Thank you!! I turned them on and everything is working perfectly on zone 2 unit and thermostat. Now, one last question, what would cause my thermostat not to register "auto" and "furnace" modes for zone 1. I just had this rv delivered 10 days ago. All 5 functions showed up for both zones and worked in zone 1 after zone 2 ac unit went out. Once new zone 2 unit was installed, zone 1 only shows "off" "fan" and "cool" modes and NOT "auto" and "furnace." I have to manual and it does not offer any explanation.

That should still be a dip switch problem. What are the settings for the other A/C? They both have dip switches. Do you have "furnace" on for both of them or not?
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks for that nice bonus, Jessica...........much appreciated! Sounds like you got all the dip switches in the right place now. Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer!