RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

hey Robert, I have a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32V with a 4…

hey Robert, I have a...
hey Robert, I have a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 32V with a 4 door Norcold refridgerator freezer. It stopped, I had a local tech trouble shoot and he go ti to work on AC/DC but, when you change to LP it goes to a fault code NO CO and quits.
9/24/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
No need to open a new question I responded to the last question you posted and asked for information about a sensor that might be installed, if you can not see that please respond to this and do not open a new question... Robert

What else do you need

I was asking you to go look under the outside access for the fridge and tell me if you see a small black box clipped to the absorber coils, it will have wires running to the flue canister and power board, if you see that need to know if a red led light is on...... This was part of a high temp sensor recall on some Norcld 1200's

Robert

Is that a factory paid manufacture recall?

Yes click HERE for the details on this..... You will have to verify the cooling unit serial number which will be on the cooling unit under the outside access..... This sounds like a power board issue but if the recall needs to be done I would have that taken care of.....

Robert

So should the red light be on or off?

IT should be off, if it is on solid red then the controls are locked out...... Let me know if it is ON or OFF....

Robert

It's off and refridge works with the generator but, goes to NO FL when changed over to LP but, light still is off.

OK

NO FL is mean it did not light on LP... That is different from the NO CO code..... The sensor is not the issue. IF it keeps going to the NO CO I suspect you have a bad power module board. The NO FL code is different, that means it tried to light but did not. So need to verify that when you do switch it over to LP that you can hear the electrode sparking, if it is sparking blow out the burner tube really good and verify that the LP is turned on, the LP detector is on etc..... The voltage should be over 10.5 volts at the fridge. The DC supply wire should go directly to the power board. I think I can locate a service manual for you that will point you in the right direction for the NO FL code, the NO CO code is a bit different..... IF you would like a service manual let me know or if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Yeh, it was getting the NO CO but then when the local tech reset it, it began working on AC/DC and initially went to NO CO when switched to LP. Now it runs AC/DC and give a NO FL when it is switched to LP. So if you can provided guidance from a manual, it would be great. Yes I will get the recall done also.

OK....

Click HERE and see page 10 it will walk you through the NO FL code...... Hope this helps... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the board replaced at a cost of $450.00 and everything is working now. Appreciate the help.