RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

norcold refrigerator in a 2011 forest river flagstaff

We have a norcold refrigerator...

We have a norcold refrigerator in a 2011 forest river flagstaff 27' travel trailer. today when we turned it on the freezer got cold, but not the refrigerator. What could be the problem. Model #12947003, Serial #N611Lm6. We are going camping tomorrow. So any help you can get us asap will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Answered in 1 hour by:
8/29/2013
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Did you try it on both AC and LP modes? Go and CLICK HERE for the Service Manual for this model. Bookmark it so you can come back to it. Good trouble shooting section. Will save you time getting back to me as I am heading to bed. I will check back in first thing tomorrow. I am in California. One way to try it would be to disconnect the thermister and see if it cools. IF so, then the thermister is bad. It just plugs in. IF not, the cooling unit is the most likely problem. Any yellowish debris around the base of the burner would be evidence of that. OR a strong ammonia smell. Open up the outside inspection cover to view that area. If you have any error codes shown then follow the instructions in the manual to that section and it will help you track this down.

Hope the proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Thank you for the information it was very helpful. I am not sure where the thermister is. Is it inside attached to the coils? There is no ammonia smell or yellowish debris and there are no error codes. I have also pulled up the manual, will try to see if it tells other checks to perform. Any other suggestion that you can provide will be appreciated.

Thank you again.

The thermister is the small black object inside and attached to the light harness and it clips to the fins of the cooling unit. If this fridge is situated inside a slide room there may be other issues to look for. The cooling fans may not be coming on.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I am trying to rate your service as good, but when I submit it says there is a error. We are leaving now for the weekend. I want you to get your pay, but at this time I don't know what else I can do. I will try one more time before I leave. Sorry for the trouble. Hopefully you can turn this email and it will stand for payment. Thank you so much for all you help. Have a good holiday weekend.

And you are well........were you able to get it going? If not, get back to me when you get back. Be safe!