RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Hi, I have a 2003 winnebago adventurer that the hydraulic…

Hi, I have a...
Hi, I have a 2003 winnebago adventurer that the hydraulic jacks and slide outs(2) quit working. It has a huh 310 series installed. I think the problem may have began when my wife partially slid out the bedroom then tried to retrace it all the way and it stopped a couple of inches from fully closed. ideas?
8/20/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi There....

I can provide you both the service manuals for the rooms and jacks, you have to look at the jacks first before troubleshooting the slide room. HWH does a very good job on troubleshooting in the service manual, Click HERE for the jacks and HERE for the slide room. I would also look near the hydraulic pump for a blown fuse, normally it is in fuse holder also look near the batteries. It is a bit complex but with the troubleshooting manuals and a volt meter you should have a better idea.... Hope this helps.. Robert

I have the manual (ML194929/MP05.3219) what does the fuse holder look like that would be near the pumps?

It will be in a plastic blade style fuse holder, they holder is normally black and you remove the top to access the fuse. I have seen them also near the battery on a smaller gage wire.... If you like I can see about getting you a Winnebago print if you think it would help... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Ok found the two 20amp fuses - both good - can't find the 40amp (which looks like it is for the leveling system?)

are you aware of what problems can arise if the slide out is not fully extended before being retracted?

OK

I am not aware of any issues and to me if the pump is not running it could be a fault with that control box if all the fuses are good, the manual will provide some troubleshooting but you will need a volt meter. I might contact HWH on this one and see if they have anymore input, normally they work off a call back list and takes a couple of days to get response. Robert
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Hi Rick

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Robert