RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do I get the gas mode to work while going down the road…

Customer Question
How do I get the...
How do I get the gas mode to work while going down the road and why does it take several tries to get it to run more than 5 mins in a level and not driving mode, battery level fully charged, it just begins to cool the freezer part and goes to check mode, and 1 out of 10 tries it works while parked and level by setting temp to 2 or 3
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
8/5/2013
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 9 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael, hi we can determine what is going on, hopefully its something simple,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can you supply me with the model number of the refer, so I may be specific, rather than generic.....thanks

Dometic RM3662 auto-manual energy selector, legend 3-way ames model

Thank you I have the document, and am familiar with your refer........First,,,,,,,,the refer when lighting on gas,,,,,,,,,,,,,needs to sense the flame is lit to stay on.......Otherwise it shuts itself off for safety reasons,,,,,,,,as with no ignition,,,,,,,,,,gas is flowing and no flame to consume it.........SO with that in mind the first thing to do is go outside, open the refer access door..............on the right is where the burner assy is...........if there is metal covers, remove them and expose the burner.......Now,,,,,,,,,,blow it out......or clean the burner as well as you can..........If necessary, remove it and shake out debris, and rust that fall directly into it from the heat stack above it....................Once you do this,,,,,,,,,,,,,have someone turn the refer on inside and view whats happening......watch the burner being lit,,,,,,,and see if it stays on now,,,,,,,,if not,,,,,,,,,we will go further into the electronics........thanks..............Michael