RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2005 holiday rambler endeavor motorhome. We recently…

Customer Question
We have a 2005 holiday...
We have a 2005 holiday rambler endeavor motorhome. We recently took it to the dealer to have the safety switch put on the norcold refrigerator. We live about 7 minutes from the dealership and immediately brought the motorhome back home and parked it. We are getting things ready for a vacation and noticed that the refrigerator, front tv, bedroom tv, and all of the electrical outlets do not work in the front of the coach. Everything worked fine for years...we take it in to get the switch put on...never checked if everything was working when we left the dealership. My husband did the magnet trick with the box...the red light went out...but the refrigerator still does not work...but the plug in has power going to the electrical outlet. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
8/1/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi There....

Sorry for the delay in responding..... It was very good that he got the light to go off as that will lock out the fridge if the light is on. I am guessing you have a Norcold 1200 model because of the the high temp sensor recall. IF the light is OUT unplug the fridge and go to the outside access cover and remove it. Next in the lower left corner find the circuit board and pull the cover. There will be some fuses, one is for DC voltage and is what allows the fridge to turn ON.... Make sure the fuses are not blow, one is for AC power so that is why you want to unplug the fridge.... IF that fuse is good verify that you have DC voltage going into the circuit board, one wire will be DC power, if you have DC power you could have a bad circuit board, if the sensor got installed incorrectly it can damage the circuit board.... IF you have no DC power on the supply wire then check the interior or house fuses and make sure you do not have one blown.... IF you just had the recall done I might be calling the shop that did this, there are two procedures on the wiring for that recall that depends on the circuit board you have... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert