RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2011 Jayco Jayflight 26 BH travel trailer. All power…

I have a 2011 Jayco...
I have a 2011 Jayco Jayflight 26 BH travel trailer. All power gone after mistakenly overloading circuits. AC, microwave and outlets(2) plus water pump all on at the same time. Nothing working. battery wont charge. rear brake light also out-bulb blown out.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/11/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi There......

To start I would go to the main breaker panel and cycle all the breakers, next go around and make sure you do not have a GFI that is tripped, normally they will be located in the bathroom or galley and will have a test and reset button on them like what you would find in a house. Sometimes the GFI'S can also be hidden so I would look everywhere including the outside. The incoming power should come right into the breaker panel if you do not have a generator. IF you still have no power I would be checking to see if the voltage is making it to the breaker panel. You should also have a power converter. When you are plugged in it takes the AC voltage and makes the DC voltage and also charges the battery. So if AC voltage is missing for the power converter then you might not get any DC voltage such as the water pump, lights etc.... The rear brake light should have nothing to do with this, if you plugged into 220 please let me know, that would be a big concern.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Thank you! Followed your instructions and power restored after turning breakers off and then resetting the GFI plug. We tried this out camping and it didnt work. Wonder why it worked 48 hours later.. Saved the summer!

Awesome!!!! So glad I could help and save summer........ Please feel free to "rate" my service it is the only way I get credit.......

Thanks, Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic