RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2000 newmar Dutch star and in the breaker box one…

I have a 2000 newmar...
I have a 2000 newmar Dutch star and in the breaker box one of the buss bars has no power. 15 20amp breaker new , any one have a solution?
7/10/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi There.....

So you are plugged into AC power and have no AC voltage going into that breaker?

Thanks, Robert

Running

Running on generator

OK

Let me back up so I have a better idea...... You are ONLY missing AC power to that 15/20 amp breaker on generator power? ARE you also missing AC voltage to that breaker on shorepower? Are you missing ALL the AC power in the RV?

Sorry for all the questions just want to have an idea what is going on.... Robert

Just running on gen don't have shore power wher I am we are traveling

OK

Understand that part, just so I am clear do you have any AC power inside the RV? OR are you just missing AC power to that breaker? Robert

I have ac power throughout the unit just this one breaker is the problem and is associated line

All other breakers work associated buss bars are hot just this one bar is cold

OK

Go to the generator and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on it, most will have two breakers located on them, this is why I asked if you had the same issue on shorepower..... Next go the inverter and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on that, most inverters will have two resettable breakers on them, I would also shut the inverter off for a few mins and then back ON to see if it takes care of the problem. I would next try and plug into shore power to see if the problem is the same. IF you have AC voltage going into the breaker, go around and look for a tripped GFI, these are normally in the bathroom and galley but also can be hidden including the outside.... Hope this helps some IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, please keep in mind I have no idea what you have checked so far..... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic