RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a RM2604 Dometic frig in our trailer and we started…

We have a RM2604 Dometic...
We have a RM2604 Dometic frig in our trailer and we started it up (and it did drop a few degrees) but the trailer was not level and stopped working. I have read that it must be reasonably level so we levelled it up, left the doors open for 3 hrs or so but had no luck. It was on 12v elec. with an sensing therm. inside the ice box so we could monitor the temp. What can we do ?
6/15/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi There......

Sounds like this is a 3 way model (DC,AC and LP) I would try the other modes, normally no cooling on all sources can indicate a blockage with the fridge. When they becomd blocked there is not much you can do as the cooling unit will need to be replaced. As a general rule if you feel the flue tube where the element wires are located it should be very hot. If you feel the absorber coils they should feel very warm, from top to bottom, if they are cool the cooling unit may be at fault. IF it works on LP or AC then it could be a number of things. Normally you want these to run for sevral hours before checking. The other issue could be a bad thermostat. To help you out more click HERE for a service manual it should help diagnose this.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic