RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am hooked up at an rv park. All electric working fine then…

I am hooked up at...
I am hooked up at an rv park. All electric working fine then power to major items, air co power steps and slides went out and lights dim. Recepticals work and pushing small fans. Fridge and microwave work. Check power sourse and triped all circuits both in and out of rv
5/29/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi There.....

This sounds like you could have an issue with the power converter. The power converter makes the DC voltage when you are plugged in and charges the battery. Some power converters are part of the main fuse/breaker panel and others plug into an outlet. SO I would go around and make sure you do not have a GFI tripped, these are normally in the bathroom or gally but can be anywhere including the outside. Next I would look for an auto breaker near the battery, it should be the only item between the battery and converter, some are thermal and some have a small button on them that will pop out when they trip. Below is a picture. IF you still need more help please get me the make and model of the power converter..... Thanks, Robert
Also if you have an inverter (allows you to have AC power driving down the road) make sure no breakers are tripped on that.....

thakns for your response. Checked and no GFI tripped nor do I see an auto breaker near the battery

OK

Will need to know the make and model of the power converter, IF you are plugged in it is responsible for supplying the DC voltage. Robert

MagneTek series 7300 model 7345

OK

On that converter should be 2 30 amp fuses next to each other are they good? There should be a lug next to that also the top is positive and the bottom is ground, what is the voltage on that?

Robert
OK

Click HERE for some testing...... You will need a volt meter but this should tell you if the converter is at fault, it needs AC voltage to make the DC voltage. Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic