RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Im installing a new safety alert RV carbon monoxide propane…

I'm installing a new safety...
I'm installing a new safety alert RV carbon monoxide propane gas alarm my new alarm has a red wire a black wire and 2 white wires. my old alarm had two red wires and yellow wire how do I hook this up
5/24/2013
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 9 years ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael, hi what is the model number and manufacturer of the original one, and the same of the new one,,,,,,,,,,,,Michael

the original was a CC I controls model number 7719.the new one is a safety alert model number 70-742-R-kit.

thank you,,,,,,,,,,,,the white wires are used if you are connecting the unit in series with others..........in your situation,,,,,,,disreguard them............your original unit used the two red wires one from each of the two battery systems in your coach, as a back up, if one (house) battery goes dead, the engine battery will take over..................on your new system,,,,,,,,,,hook the two red wires togeather,,,,,,on the red wire, and the yellow to the black

will a carbon monoxide alarm and the propane alarm both work without the white wires?

yes, the internal function of the alarm is set up to detect both problems..........we just need to wire power properly to it................
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician