Dads Mechanic
Dads Mechanic, RV Body Repairer
Experience:  I was a rockwood camper dealer for many years from 1970 on many years Servicing motor coachs, rv's and motor homes.
65581030

I have a 1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U class A motorhone. Engine

I have a 1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U class A motorhone. Engine - Ford V10 on a Ford F53 chassis. We are having difficulty locating the correct 'Transmission Output Seal for this vehicle. On the driveshaft adjacent to the driveshaft is a 'E-Brake Assembly'

There is a transmission tag on the left side that is stamped - XC3P-MA PRB-AZ 00010613 BD8M17

Ford sent us parts listed - #6051001041 F81D 2598 AA. This is the incorrect seal and Ford say they do not know what changes Winnebago might have made.

Now that was all information provided by my mechanic and I was given the task of finding the correct seal. You are my first source attempt

thanks
Jack Hackett

is this the diagram you have?

graphic

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry I do not have a diagram

sorry...I misunderstood:

.

will opt out & relist this

.

please do not respond,as it will lock question

/

Sorry for your trouble. Has your mechanic taken the old seal out yet? Jim!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I have the Motorhome at home. It is only a minor leak but I want it repaired before it contaminates the emergency brake system.
Interestingly on the internet, I put in the part number that Ford had sent and it identified the part as the emergency brake unit seal.
All I want is a silly little seal that is in the back of the tranny.
It is a bunch of rubbish when Ford identify that Winnebago might have altered the mechanics of the vehicle. Checking with Winnebago, all they do is weld onto the end of the chassis to create extra length. So I have a F53 ford chassis with a Ford V10 and R100 transmission.
I can't give you the part # XXXXX your seal but if you go to your local transmission shop I'm sure they can help you. Otherwise if your mechanic is going to replace the seal he can carefully remove the seal, all seals have the part number and are easily gotten through any parts store. this is the easy way to get the proper seal.sometimes if you just remove the brake drum and read the number off the seal outside edge. Jim!!! Thanks for coming to Just Answers.
Dads Mechanic, RV Body Repairer
Experience: I was a rockwood camper dealer for many years from 1970 on many years Servicing motor coachs, rv's and motor homes.
Thank you for your positive response, if I may bee of further service please get in touch. Jim!!! Again Thanks for coming to Just Answers.