RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have broken off the lower socket part of the door of our…

We have broken off the...
We have broken off the lower socket part of the door of our Dometic Fridge in our Roadtrek RV. Can we order just the door from you? Or can that be repaired with Epoxy Resin?
It is: Type C40/110
Model Nr.: RM8501
Serial No: 01100118
Product No: XXXXXXXXXXX
Thank you
Ulli Sir Jesse [email protected] XXXXXXXXXX
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2013
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this
Good Afternoon,

We are a Answer service, we do not sell parts ,
we help people , with all types of issues,find Parts, help repair , from engines, to RVs, boats and Law issues

I looked that up, that door is not sold separate
If you have ever heard of Gorilla Glue , use that to repair the socket
That is unbelievable strong, used it in the draw of a oven, that was broken
It is sold at most Ace Hardware stores, K-Mart,Menard's,Home Depot

PLEASE USE THE REPLY BUTTON FOR MORE INFO,
NOT POOR/BAD SERVICE

Thank you Wayne,

That will not work.

The fixing of the door is by a pin located at the main body of the refrigerator which sticks into a hole at the bottom of the door. This hole is broken out and part of it is missing. Too many little pieces. Do you have more suggestions?

HI Thank you for that

Another thing to try is
glue in a Brass,aluminum cup/pipe, glue to the out side of it
I n the mean time I will look other places for a door,
Is it the door socket that is broken or socket on bottom of fridge
let me know

It is the door socket that is broken. The socket of the fridge is still ok.

Hi Good News
This places carries the doors

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-refrigerators/dometic-refrigerator-parts.htm

Give them a call

Thank you. You have done a great job. The shock is only the price. The door cost with shipping 370$.

HI
WOW

Well the shipping is probly the big part
Please remember to rate me
Wayne, RV Mechanic
Thank you