RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

we are at an rv part with hook-ups, but our refrigerator is…

Customer Question
we are at an rv...
we are at an rv part with hook-ups, but our refrigerator is not getting cold. What could be the problem. We have a 2012 Forest River Lexington 283TS
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
3/11/2013
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Be sure it is level. And if you need more here I need the make and model off the data tag on the inside. I am on the way home and won't be able to get back to you for about an hour. Then I can help you sort this out.

The RV is level and the make is a 2012 Dometic Refrigerator and the model number is XXXXX

Is the display on? Any check light? Are you trying to get it to work on LP mode or AC mode?

The display light and check lights are on. How do I determine if it is LP or AC mode and which mode should it be in?

You can leave it on "Auto" and it will chose the one available. Are you plugged into shore power? Turn it off and then back on again. Be sure that the LP is turned on and the LP detector is on or it won't have any LP.

nothing!!!!

Nothing meaning the display isn't on? You have to remember I can't see your fridge from here.

Means the frige is still not working

But is it on and the display is working or not????
Go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Service Manual which is used for this model. See page 18 and be sure that the on/off screw on the gas valve assy is in the horizontal position here. Otherwise the LP mode won't work. OR if the LP detector inside is turned off you have no LP flow to any appliance.

IF you are plugged into shore power the AC mode should work on "Auto" on the control panel. Be sure that the gas mode button isn't in the "down" position. When it is, the auto light won't come on...........nothing will. You won't know the fridge is even on.

Bookmark or print out a copy of the Service Manual so you have it for next time. If you need more on this please get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses.
Sorry you thought this was "Poor" service on my part...........but, you never gave me much to work with. "Not working" isn't meaningful here. I gave you some things to check and you didn't or couldn't. I suspect this format just isn't going to be helpful here for your problem. Part of that may be you really don't understand how the fridge works. I would give a mobile tech a call and have them come out and give you a hand. Most parks have one or two they use all the time.