RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

N have a Sunseeker 3010 ds. We are at a camp site and so many…

N have a Sunseeker 3010...
N have a Sunseeker 3010 ds. We are at a camp site and so many RV's are hooked up to electricity we were not getting enough power and it tripped the breakers. We reset them. Mnone are blown. We have two plugs that still will not work. We tripped the gsi in the bathroom. Is there another gsi we need to trip? Why would these two plugs still not work? Anybsuggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
3/2/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There.....

I would look for another GFI, many times they will be in the bathroom or kitchen but I have seen them located anywhere including the outside. IF you have an inverter I would make sure no breakers are tripped on that. Not all RV'S have them, if you can drive down the road and are able to use AC power then you have one. IF you cycled all the breakers and can not find another GFI, I would get a polarity checker, this will plug into the outlets and tell you if you have a wiring issue such as a short,bad ground etc. Places like Home depot sell them for a few dollars. IF the polarity checker indicates no power at all I would then check the breaker for power. This is a 2012 and beyond that I would get it to a shop, if something failed it may be covered under warranty. Hope this helps some, IF you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

I'm sorry to be so stupid. We are new at this. Would the inverter possibly be under the bed??? Where outside might the GFI be???? All we reset was the breaker box at the end of the bed and the GFI in the bathroom. The plugs not working are in the kitchen. The microwave and ventahood and ventahood light work on the same wall. The wall plugs do not.
The inverter could be under the bed. IF you had an inverter it should also be marked in the breaker panel box. An inverter will let you have AC power going down the road or unplugged from shore power. A power converter will not do that. I would look inside in all the cabinets in the kitchen and then outside in the storage compartments, if the fridge is not working remove the access panel outside for the fridge and see it has a GFI outlet. They put these anywhere moisture could be present. many times the power would be split with two GFI'S so one side of the RV would be out and the other side would be working. Also verify no breakers are tripped on the supply post you are using. Hope this helps some more, Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic