RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have been told Winnebago is no longer stocking parts for…

I have been told Winnebago...
I have been told Winnebago is no longer stocking parts for motor homes with basement air conditioners. If that is true where can I get replacement parts for my 2006 ellipse?
1/23/2013
RV Mechanic: tonicbigal, RV Tech - Mobile replied 9 years ago
tonicbigal
tonicbigal, RV Tech - Mobile
Experience: 5 yrs prof schooling;attend RV Troubleshoot Clinics 2012,2013; spec exp 96-00 FLTW Disc; exp finding parts. Finding and reading Winne Diag; RV Window refurb; tankless water heater systems;
This true. Whole system is obsolete. The boards can be rebuilt by third part vendors such a dinosaur. As for replacing the compressor etc neither winnebago or the vendor are supplying parts. What some folks have done is put a roof mount where the fantastic fans are. Some folks hav been lucky enough to find an hvac guy who services the residential. Realize it is pricey as most basements units need to be dropped. In the end the units from what gather have only been designed to drop the ac ten degrees. I have one owner who will be adding a ac unit where the kitchen fan is located and run the main house unit to circulate the air. We got a price to replace the basement unit and it cost prohibitive considering the age of the unit. One compressor still works to drop it to ten degrees. Hope this helps. Also there are lots of web posts if you do a google on the topic that will help you. There may be some salvage yards. But again if it is the board the dinosaur will rebuild. The relays are still available elsewhere. I carry them just in case for users I supportIf there is another tech that wants to add to this they can feel free to do so
What is or who is dinosaur? When you say people are putting roof units in vents are there kits to hook this to the current air vents are there vendors who do this conversion? When you say cost is prohibitive how much are you calling prohibitive?
The site for the repair of the boards is http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com. On the unit I was helping a friend owner with the decision process of what to do when they got a price between 5000 and 6000 to replace. I got the help of a residential hvac person to help with the process. A rv tech who was vendors trained also confirmed. The owners opted not to replace the unit. In about 30 minutes will post where we found the how to instructions to install the AC unit where the fantastic vent is.
here is where we found out how to do the install. Left it to the owner to find someone while they were wintering in the south.

http://janeandjohn.org/pages/roofAC.html pages 2,3, and 4 have pictures
tonicbigal
tonicbigal, RV Tech - Mobile
Will you send the location of the instruction to me?

give me a few minutes to make a pdf of the link above so you have it all in one document and I will attach them in a response.
here are the instructions from the web site above here as one pdf document for you to save and/or print out It is a total of 33 pages. To get your coach wiring diagrams if you are not aware you can go to www.winnebagoind.com got to resources off the top menu bar then on the bottom right go to manuals and diagrams and then select wiring diagrams and find the year and model of your coach. Sorry this took a bit - assembling doc and putting in a location to post because of its size took some time. Please advise if you are unable to open the link I just put together