RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We encountered problem with our atwood water heater and tried To…

Customer Question
We encountered problem with our...
We encountered problem with our atwood water heater and tried
To find a solution in our owner manual but was unsuccessful. Our water geater
Is able to function on gas or electricity. We had it set to run off electricity
And stopped working, dsi flt light was on. We switched to propane
And have hot water. Owner manual does not mention dsi flt light
Anywhere. Can you please help. Thank you.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/14/2013
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

You need to choose one mode OR the other, but not both. Either turn off the DSI button and leave it on AC mode OR turn off the AC mode and just leave the DSI button on and it will cycle as it needs to for hot water. If you need more please get back to me with the actual model number off the data tag. That number is for the manual. Open up the outside cover and the data tag is on the bottom inside.

All follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses needed.

we were using electric option and dsi lite came so we switchedoffelectric and switched on gas we never had both on at same time. Dsi is just a warning light but not sure for what. modek# GC6AA-10E

The DSI light can't come on if you keep it off. Leave it off and just use the AC mode.

i dont know how to say this but are you familiar with dsi light? it is noone i can turn on it just came on. it is a warning light for a problem with the electrical heat. i have said i switched to propane becausr therlectric was not working= no hot water. when we realized there wasnohot water we then saw the Warning light dsi flt light was on.

It is not a warning light.............it comes on showing you that the LP is trying to ignite and when it does the light goes off. If you turn off the LP mode it can't come on at all. That is the switch with the gas symbol. Turn it off if you want to use the AC mode. That is the switch with the electric symbol. Hope that clears this up.
Just a quick follow up on this to see if you had a chance to check this out yet. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.