RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

both ac and propane mode do not work.. on my nb820. getting…

both ac and propane mode...
both ac and propane mode do not work.. on my nb820. getting power to the power board, but still no cooling.. I have tried to reset the control board, but did not get a click
1/12/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi There...

Need a bit more information...... IS the fridge not turning on at all? OR is it coming on but just not cooling?

Robert

the control board is working,, but it is not cooling.

OK

I guess what I need to know is when you tunr the fridge on and select AC or LP is that working? Meaning the propane lights off but the fridge is not cooling...... Same with AC power.... Sometimes it takes some going back and forth to better understand what is going on....

Thanks, Robert

Both lp and ac light up, but neighter start the cooling.

OK

SO when you select say LP does the fridge light off you should be able to hear it under that outside cover. I am trying to determine if this is a circuit board issue or cooling unit problem.... Thank you, Robert

I hear nothing lighting off, either ac or propane. the canister on the right side is warm to the touch, but thats all.

OK

Are you plugged into shorepower? The only way the back of the fridge should be warm is if the heatring element for AC power was energized? IF you feel the coils are they warm or cold? Also do you smell ammonia or see a yellowish powder on the back of the coils almost like rust?

Sorry for all the questions, Just need to be sure on this..... Robert

Plugged into regular ac power. coils are cold, and do not see any rust, or smell ammonia, or yellow powder

OK

I would try the reset again, there are 2 procedures depending on the style of board, click HERE and HERE IF that does not work you can do some checks with a volt meter, follow the troubleshooting tree and it will have you check some voltage on some pins. Click HERE to view that, also the N820 should have a way of accessing codes and I would see if you can pull them if you have not tried, I have a feeling the circuit board could be at fault.... Robert

the only codes the control board shows is "D" (door open) dont know any other way to get codes.. Do you know what voltage I should be getting on the pins.. the user manual is very vage...I have a master electrician on premises that will assist... the fridge was working great.. I use it continually.. all of a sudden it defrosted, and has not worked since..

The service manual I sent will tell you how to get codes, it is a large manual but I think it will help the master electrician if he sees it. The D code can be checked also and that will require a magnet. There are allot of detailed checks that need to be done and the service manual will cover them. I suspect the upper eyebrow or controls is at fault OR the lower circuit board is the issue..... IF you like I can also put your question back up for other experts, my goal is for you to be satisfied..... Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic