RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Problem started 1st of Oct.2012 2 room slide would not retract…

Problem started 1st of Oct.2012...
Problem started 1st of Oct.2012 2 room slide would not retract .
camp ground service service tech replaced defective soleniod slides retracted once. Moved
to new campground , would not extend slides. 25 amp fuse kept blowing, but he got slides in. Returned home {Florida} now in local shop.

In Shop 2 months now, they replaced HWH hyd.pump for slideouts , wiring harness shorted , ordered wiring harness 1 week ago , still no joy ! Where can I find qualified service tech to fix this system ?
1/6/2013
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There....

I am not sure who you have tried but I do know Camping World is authorized to work on HWH systems, any of the bigger shops should be certified. HWH does a good job working with shops to solve the problem. Many times I have been in this spot and what it is going to take is a good tech that is familiar with the system that can have contact with HWH. Normally HWH will give troubleshooting advice to the tech working on the system which really helps. About the only thing left to replace is the main control box, but the wiring needs to be verified, replacing the solenoids for the slide room was a good guess at the start. I would see if the pump/motor solenoid was replaced, this is different from the slide room solenoids, it is a larger solenoid and the new pump does not always come with one, just something I would look into, it is possible that you did get a new one with the pump, most have to be mounted to the pump also for grounding reasons. IF that PUMP solenoid had problems it could blow the main fuse for the system, I would also check the cable going from the battery to the pump/manifold make sure it is not loose anywhere and not rubbing on the frame in any areas. These are a bit complex to troubleshoot but I would see if the pump solenoid looks new and check the larger cables to start. IF you give me your city I might be able to provide you some shops you can call... Robert

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Sorry for the delay , lost internet service for about 6-8 hrs. same thing happened last Sunday , most curious. We live in Tavares,fl --aprrox. 30 miles north of Orlando. We had been going to Dick's RV Service ,but Dick died last Sept.2012. His son is trying to take over but needs more

business sense .

AS to the solenoid that was replaced in North Carolina i don't know which one they replaced fo sure, but recall him saying it was the retract one. usually I get the bad part but was feeling poorly that day.

P.S.-I am a retired engineer for Regal yacht company.

Thanks, Doug

OK

You do have a Cummins Coach Care in your area, they work on all different kinds of RV'S including the interior items, they are geared up for the RV owner. I use to work at one out here in the North West and we worked on the HWH systems all the time. I would give them a call and see if they can take a look at it. Most Coach Cares have full hookups if you need to stay. I would stress to them what has been changed and they should be able to figure this out pretty fast. Click HERE and it will pull up a map and then you can scroll down for your state.... Hope this helps some more... Robert

PS I know which solenoid they are talking about and it is different from the pump/solenoid. Normally the pump solenoid mounts to the pump and is grounded at the pump. I do not remember on the motors I have changed out if it comes with one.