RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Hello, I have a camper that is only a year old. The domestic…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a camper...
Hello, I have a camper that is only a year old. The domestic refrigerator has stopped working. There is power and propane to it, pilot light does ignite, fuses are fine, but fridge isn't cooling much and freezer is not freezing or even cold. What do you think the problem is? Can we fix it? How much is a replacement fridge?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/1/2013
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What is the model number off the data tag on the inside of the box? Is the fridge level? Open up the outside inspection cover and tell me if you see any yellowish debris around the base of the burner area OR smell any ammonia smell. Get back to me with this information and I can assist you further here.

model # dm2652rbx

fridge is level, no debris or smell

Does the display read or is it off?