RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

i have a 2002 Montana 5th wheel with duo-therm 15000 BTU that…

Customer Question
i have a 2002 Montana...
i have a 2002 Montana 5th wheel with duo-therm 15000 BTU that just went out and a LP furnace. I intend to replace the AC unit with a Heat pump in the spring but need to limp the unit along a little to get the furnace part to work. The Thermostat starting acting up a few weeks ago. I purchased a LCD unit by Dometic model(NNN) NNN-NNNN000 and now see that the old thermostat has 6 wires and the new one has three. Do, I need an inbetween unit to make this work. I was told I could no longer get the old style analog thermostate and so I got this one, as one place said it would work with anything.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
11/11/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
I suspect that the original thermostat is still available and that would be the easy way to do this. It might not be the thermostat, but the control box in the A/C that is the problem. If you give me the part number off the old one and the A/C model number I can get you to the correct parts. All these thermostats have to be mated up with the correct control box or board.