RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Power Gear levelers 1999 Fleetwood Southwind When all levelers…

Power Gear levelers 1999 Fleetwood Southwind When...
Power Gear levelers
1999 Fleetwood Southwind
When all levelers are retracted, Jack's down light will not go out. When RV is started, the alarm comes on. Visual ck. shows all 4 jack's are retracted.
Checking fluid in reservoir, there is no dip stick on this unit, fluid meets little finger when inserted in opening.
11/4/2012
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There...

The fluid needs to be all the way up to just below the port. As the jacks retract it pushes the fluid back to the reservoir and raises a float switch. IF the fluid is all the way to the top then the float switch could be faulty, or a problem with the controls. I would top the fluid off, is should be dexron. IF you can get me the p/n number on the control pad I might be able to send you some troubleshooting for the float switch.... Robert

the Power Gear number on the control pad is 500457

I have not rec. a reply on this!

OK

You will not a volt meter to test the float switch, they do have a few different styles. Click HERE for that information, What you could do is take a reading with the jacks retracted and with them extended. IF the float test good then you have an issue with the pad or control box... Hope this helps, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic