RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2005 25R Jayco Trailer - new to travel trailers...only use…

Customer Question
2005 25R Jayco Trailer...
2005 25R Jayco Trailer - new to travel trailers...only use electric one, worked perfect last year. Just turned on electric heater , worked fine for a few hours then not heating. Checked breakers and fuse under stove, good light is on switch, getter power.

Been sitting on a ranch, some rodent action but visible wiring under sink looks good.

Any ideas what to check next? Thanks
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
10/31/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

The furnace is an LP powered unit that uses 12 VDC for power to the fan motor. What is the make of yours? Get back to me with this and I can assist you further.

Randall...thanks, it's the water heater not ac/heating unit. The water heater is LP and Electric, I use the electric.

Atwood electric-gas water heater 25R Jayco, that's all I know.

As mentioned, it worked fine Saturday morning but quit heating water later in the day. Switch light on, breaker and fuse ok. Checked under sink and visible wiring ok.

Take a look outside once you open the inspection cover and look on the data tag and give me the model number. This is either going to be the reset on the thermostat/ECO or the heating element. Go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Atwood Service Manual which covers this model. See those sections. They vary depending on which model you have.
Once you tell me that I can instruct you further in some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses needed.

It's out in the country, will have to look on Thursday. Is the water heater tank under the sink area on this 25r Jayco.

They vary from model to model. Look outside for the large inspection cover. Easy to find.
Get back to me once you find it and we can go from there.