RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic 2607 refrig in an Award 730. It works great…

Customer Question
I have a Dometic 2607...
I have a Dometic 2607 refrig in an Award 730. It works great on gas or electric while stationary, but goes into "check" alert while in gas mode after towing on irregular road surfaces. I have had it to several Dometic dealers who are unable to diagnose the problem. Thinking it might be the converter not keeping the low voltage constant to the unit, I wired the battery directly to the refrigerator while towing, but still had a flame out while running on gas. I am out of ideas. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: RV
10/20/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Does this have the OEM control board in it still or has it been upgraded to a Dinosaur Electronics board? And when did you have the LP pressure at the tank regulator checked last? Low LP pressure can cause this as a low flame results in a lower millivolt output on the thermocouple. The thermocouple itself may be going bad and be on the brink of acceptable voltage. Those are things to check first. Please get back to me with the results or if you need help with the testing I can do that. All follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses.

I have been away from home for the past week and have not had the opportunity to apply any of your suggestions for resolution of the problem. I plan to work on the unit this week and will advise you of the situation accordingly.

10-4............no hurry.

The propane regulator checked out fine. I have ordered a new thermocouple and will install it when it arrives.

O.K.............get back to me if you need more here, Richard.