RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a jayco jayflight BH20. Unfortunately my electrician…

I have a jayco jayflight...
I have a jayco jayflight BH20. Unfortunately my electrician was hooking up a circuit for my travel trailer and he hooked in 240 instead of 120.

Believe it is burned out and need to replace it.
9/29/2012
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There...

This can cause all kinds of damage, the starting point would be the power converter and then checking each AC appliance, the roof AC, Fridge or any other appliance that requires AC voltage and has a control board could be damaged. I would verify the breakers inside the RV, and make sure you do not have any GFI outlets tripped. Something like this I would let a RV shop check out to see how bad the damage is. IF you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert

Thanks for your response Robert. I am not sure what happened by my question which was where is the AC/DC converter located in my specific model. I am aware of the the all the appliance issues. I am just doing electrical diagnostics right now to isolate failure locations and haven't been able to locate an electrical wiring diagram online. I have an electrical background and capable of resolving the problem. I do not wish to use another professional service again, such as my previous electrician, since they seem to screw things up. I was just trying to save time since I am very busy. I don't plan to leave this repair in hands of others again.

Apparently my question got lost somewhere in the web interface when I was editing or got dropped.

Hi There.....

I do not have any prints but the power converter will be one of 2 types. It will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR it will stand alone meaning it will plug into an outlet somewhere in the unit. I do know on some Jayco's it is part of the breaker panel and it could be in the galley area under the stove. IF you see that breaker panel get me the Make model and we can go from there. Thanks, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Thanks again.