RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2012 3 month old Fleetwood 36d with a Dometic RM135001001M55X…

I have a 2012 3...
I have a 2012 3 month old Fleetwood 36d with a Dometic RM135001001M55X refrig. Using the propane the freezer works great but the refrig part does not get cold. It keeps showing the Message iondication "60". What do I do.
9/19/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Is this only on LP mode or on AC mode as well? Is this fridge in a slide out?

It is on the LP mode only. This is in a slideout.

If this is only on LP mode you need to look at the LP pressure at the tank regulator. It may not have been adjusted at the dealership. Low pressure will result in poor cooling performance. Another thing that happens sometimes is that the installation is sloppy and the clearance between the coils on the cooling unit and the outside wall is over 1/4" and that affects the cooling as it allows the air flow to bypass the center of the cooling unit. If you can take the upper vent cover out and see any of the condenser then the baffling isn't correct. That can be corrected. Another thing that might have happened is that sawdust has collected in the LP line when the coach was being built and it has collected in the inlet screen on the gas valve and has the flow plugged up some. In some cases it can be just a speck of dirt in the jet which cuts down on the LP flow to the burner. These are all items that would affect this in a negative way. If you are handy with tools these aren't hard to correct. If not, then a mobile tech can come over and do these for you. Check these things and then get back to me. All follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time as or number of responses.

Please don't forget to rate this response when I have fully addressed all your concerns related to this issue. I don't get paid for my time otherwise. Thanks!

Not sure where the upper vent cover is. I have taken the cover off the outside of the MH and can hear the gas burning. The gas pressure at the tank regulator is fine as the stove and oven work great.

I have now changed the mode to AUTO mode and LP gas operation to see if that works.

Is there a way to tell if the referig is working if I switch it to AUTO mode and AC operation with the MH plugged into shore power.

Not sure where the upper vent cover is. I have taken the covver off the outside of the MH and can hear the gas burning. The gas pressure at the tank regulator iss fine as the stove and oven work great.

I have now plugged into shore power and changed the mode to AUTO/lP gas operation.

Is there a way to tell if the refrig is working if I switch it to AUTO MODE and AC OPERATION? Should I be able to hear the refrig running in that MODE?

There will be a lower vent cover on the lower side and one right above it. They usually match. You can't go by the stove and oven. They have an additional pressure reduction on them. The fridge and furnace are critical for pressure. Actually most shops don't set it up high enough to reflect a 11 WCI with 35K BTU on. That means you have to set it about 12 WCI for that. Most I check are about 20 to 30% low. This translates into poor cooling.
If you observe the flame on the burner is should be just about lifting off the burner and "dancing" on the burner and you can easily hear the "dull roar" of the flame. I have seen some fridges come from the factory with no baffle in them. Rare, for sure, but it will do this on LP only. There is no noise on AC mode. Those are the things to check. It might be one or a combination of several that are causing this. If if works fine on AC mode then there is nothing wrong with the cooling or controls.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification