RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Forresst River 5th wheel 29RKLE. My black and grey…

I have a Forresst River...
I have a Forresst River 5th wheel 29RKLE. My black and grey tanks are presently empty exceps small amount of water I have been consuming doing the trail and error to fix problem. Problem: kithen sink drain was working fine then all of a sudden while out camping the water backed up and stopped draining. waht I have tried: I have removed pea trap nothing was in the way. I have used a plunger, water still won't drian. Note: bathtub and bathroom sink drain good. My next step for me at this point is to use a snake. Please help???? Vic (XXX) XXX-XXXX
9/9/2012
RV Mechanic: CDJMasterTech, Master Technician and RV owner replied 10 years ago
CDJMasterTech
CDJMasterTech, Master Technician and RV owner
First you need to understand that RVs are built on a somewhat custom basis, meaning the model number of your particular RV does not denote exactly how it is equipped. That said, many Forest River units used two separate gray tanks, one for the galley or kitchen, and another for the bathtub and bathroom sink. Are you sure you don't have an additional tank that is full for the galley?
CDJMasterTech