RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

i have an 03 keystone toy hauler. last time i used it the batery…

Customer Question
i have an 03 keystone...
i have an 03 keystone toy hauler. last time i used it the batery was the only source of power, ever though it was plugged in.ultimaely draining the batery untill dead. However the air conditioner worked, but the lights, refridgerator, stereo would not work. could you tell me what would cause this ?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
9/7/2012
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There...

When you plug in the Power Converter takes the incoming AC voltage and makes DC voltage, it should also charge the battery. So if the Power Converter is bad you will get no DC voltage. Some converters are part of the breaker panel and some are stand alones and plug into an outlet. I would cycle all your breakers and then verify that you do not have any GFI'S tripped. Also you want to check for an auto breaker, the only thing between the converter and battery should be an auto breaker. Normally they put them close to the battery, if you find that you can check voltage on each side it should be close, if one side reads much higher voltage it could be the problem.... IF you know the make and model of the power converter I might be able to help you more.... Robert

its got a Parallax Power Conerters series 7300. model 7345

r u there ?

\

OK

Sorry for the delay... I will get you some troubleshooting on this shortly....

Robert

OK...

Click HERE and it will give you a troubleshooting tree you can follow. You will need a volt meter to do some testing.... Hope this helps, Robert.