RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a 2004 Monaco Dynasty with 63,000 miles with four slides.

The HWH large passenger forward...
Have a 2004 Monaco Dynasty with 63,000 miles with four slides. The HWH large passenger forward slide, slides out about 4 inches when traveling for a few miles, which now I use a timber inside to hold it in place I have been told by a friend that one of the seals is worn on the hydraulic pump. I found the pump under the front steps & has eight stacked hydruakic pumps together with tank attached & must weigh 140 lbs. The RV is stored in Palm Springs what is the best way to get it repaired & what would be the approximate cost's?
XXXXX XXXXX [email protected]
9/7/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Gary..........Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Not a seal on the pump, but a bad solenoid that is not sealing and allowing the pressure to go by and this allows the room to move. That part isn't that expensive and the labor will depend on what they charge where you are. I would plan on about $300 give or take for this repair. Most dealers can do this or a mobile tech who does hydraulic work and repairs. Hope this proves helpful. HWH can make some recommendations for dealers they know do this work. If you need that contact information please get back to me. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Randall

Do you have any contact information of HWH dealers that could do the repair in Palm Springs or San Diego area?

[email protected]
I don't, Gary...........but if you go and CLICK HERE for the HWH website they can direct you to someone who can do this for you. They should have the parts you need in stock at one of these dealers.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification