RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic RM 2607 RV refrigerator (in a 1994 Thor RV).

When it is on the...
I have a Dometic RM 2607 RV refrigerator (in a 1994 Thor RV). When it is on the auto setting it is supposed to choose between LP and AC, deferring to AC I assume if it is available. When I turn it on it always tries to start with LP (and struggles) even if it is plugged into AC. Once it gets going on LP it usually switches over to AC at some point (although today I can't get it to start at all!). Anyway, any ideas on how to get the thing going...especially directly with the AC?
9/3/2012
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There...

First off when you plug in it should go to AC voltage, it takes priority over the LP gas, if the voltage is lost it should switch over to LP. SO if you are plugging in and the fridge is on Auto it should be on AC and the LP should not even be trying to light. The first thing I would look at is a voltage problem, make sure the outlet the fridge is plugged into has power, all power must be lost for it not to work on AC. IF you have good voltage, I would unplug the fridge and pull the cover off for the control board, which will be located under the outside cover, make sure all the fuses are snug in the fuse holder, one should be for AC.... I have seen some of the holders become loose and the fuse will not make proper contact. IF you have a volt meter you can do some more checking, click HERE and go to page 18 it will show you how to check the AC mode at the circuit board. Also if the LP is struggling I would clean out the area really good where the electrode and burn tube is located with some air. Next verify you have over 10.5 DC volts going into the fridge, Dometics will normally have a terminal block that the incoming DC voltage goes into which is also located under that outside cover.... hope this helps some, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic