RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My refrigerator on my CUB hybrid camper that worked perfectly…

My refrigerator on my CUB...
My refrigerator on my CUB hybrid camper that worked perfectly on Memorial Day and hasn't been used since (has been in storeage) is not getting cold. Our battery was dead and we replaced it with a brand new one. We have had the camper plugged in since yesterday on AC mode at temp 6 and NOTHING. What could be wrong? We are trying to leave for a camping trip.
8/26/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Is the fridge level? And what is the make and model of your fridge? That should be on the data plate on the inside of the fridge.

Norcold is the brand; Serial # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNand the model is H51OUR. The camper was NOT level when we plugged it in to cool the refrigerator. My husband is at a campsite since 6pm yesterday with the camper level. He can't tell if its cold because I packed it with ice or because it is working. It makes NO sound but it never did. He doesn't think it is working but the silver flanges are cold but it could be from the ice. How can we tell if it is on?

I think the model number is XXXXX

It has to be level or you can ruin the cooling unit............and it makes no noise as this is an absorption fridge and works only on chemicals. Go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this model. Bookmark it so you can come right back to it again. This is what we use for the trouble shooting if we need to. Did he let it sit for a few hours before restarting it? And is this on LP mode or AC mode? Let me know and we can go from there IF it isn't cooling...........all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification