RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold RV refrigerator in my RV. I believe its…

Customer Question
I have a Norcold RV...
I have a Norcold RV refrigerator in my RV. I believe it's a 1200 model that had a recall and I had the new sensor installed at an RV repair shop. It worked fine for about a year and then the last time I tried to turn on the refrig. it wouldn't power up. I took it back to the RV dealer and they had to reset the refrig. Apparently the safety device they installed will shut off if the house batteries go dead. It cost me $60 to have it reset and Norcold doesn't cover this as part of the recall. Can you advise me how to reset the refrig?

Thanks, XXXXX [email protected]
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
8/17/2012
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi There.....

I can give you the procedure to reset but if the red led light is ON the sensor you will have to bring it in, the fridge will not work, it should be covered under warranty. You can try the reset if the LED is on. You will need to access the power module under the outside cover, there are 2 procedures depending on the serial number.... Click HERE and HERE...... From my experince if the RED led is on that sensor needs to be replaced. have seen some issues with these because when the recall gets done it matters on the wiring for the sensor depending on the control module being used..... Hope this helps some... Robert