RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2001 winnebago Itasca motorhome on a Freightliner…

I have a 2001 winnebago...
I have a 2001 winnebago Itasca motorhome on a Freightliner chasis. It has a HWH leveling system. The rear drivers side piston will not retract. Ihave relieved the pressure on that cylinder and even have used the coachs weight [12 tons] with blocks under the bottom plate to try and push it up. I have been able to raise it about 2" and that's about it. What is next? At the beginning of the season the hydraulic fluid was very low and I topped off.
8/9/2012
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

HI There....

Open the solenoid for the jack that is not retracting, next loosen the hose for the jack that will not retract, this can be done at the jack or manifold. IF the jack will not retract it will have to be replaced. IF the Jack does retract it could be a check valve or velocity valve issue. I would need to know which series system you have to show you location of the check valve, normally they are on the manifold.

Hope this helps,. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Robert, Sorry, I forgot to mention that Ihad opened the valve on the manifold and loosened and subequently removed the line for the cylinder, and still no movement. the system is HWH Corp #310 touch panel-controlled leveling system. These are straight-acting jacks

OK

That jack will need to be replaced, it should be going up something internal is wrong. What I would do to be 100% sure on this is get a hold of HWH and they can verify the jack is bad. I do know they have a pretty long call back list but they do get back to you. They can also give you price and where it can be repaired.

Robert, I have contacted them but it will probably take a day or two for them to return the call. Presently trying to figure what to do with the motorhome to be able to move it??!!

OK

You are in a tough spot and that jack should be going up with the lines disconnected from that jack. About the only thing you can do is take the jack off, most are bolted to the frame, I do not think the jack is going to move with all you have tried..... You might want to disconnect the lines and put the weight of the coach on it to see if it goes up, if it does fluid will go everywhere. Not sure if you tried it with the lines on or not......

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic