RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

no display on nordic fridge--nao apparent power-checked all…

no display on nordic fridge--nao...
no display on nordic fridge--nao apparent power-checked all fuses and all else in rv works
8/5/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What is the model of this fridge off the data tag? I think you mean "Norcold" here.
norcold 120-x
Go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Norcold Service Manual for this model. Bookmark it so you can come back to it again any time. Do you have power showing at the recall module on the rear of the fridge? If so and that isn't showing red on the light you may have to have it replaced. Only a Norcold certified tech can do this.

Check this and then we can go from there...............all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit to time or number or responses. Positive Feedback in the form of a "smiley face" would be greatly appreciated when I have fully addressed all your concerns relating to this issue.
SmileI believe this LED light is located oustside and is in view after removal of the panel/vent cover, correct?? It is red and burning. I can't see anything in the fridge itself except the interior light which is nor working now.
Yes..............and do you have a small multimeter for some testing? That is the quickest way to track this down. Is the fridge level? That will cause this to trip.
SmileWell my multi meter is elsewhere but the 110v outlet is a duplex so I plugged in my cell phone charger to the vacant outlet and it worked, so I believe we're getting power.
This control board uses 12 VDC power. You really need a meter for testing as there is not way to track this down without one.
SmileI was afraid of that-- so can I unplug the 110v cord and plug it back in---just to see if this re-sets the unit? Is it possible my indicator LEDs, off/on, cold-coldest etc on the front of the fridge has blown an interior fuse--would this have any affect on the operation of the fridge?
Possible..........you have to remove the cover to the control board to see. Any mobile techs work in that area? If so, have one come out and check this out for you. It would take him about 15 minutes to track this down in most cases.

1. SmileSo just so I get this clear I can unplug the 110v cord and plug it back in to see if it re-sets. Then if that doesn't work I should probably unplug it again and check the fuses on the front of the fridge??

I gave you that manual link so you can see what has to be done. The AC cord has nothing to do with this. Only the 12 VDC affects this board. That reset procedure is IN the manual. Check that part.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks for the nice bonus.............much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can get you an immediate answer and save you a bunch of $$$ besides!