RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1991 Dodge Ram 250 B Roadtrek with a 12V adapted Dometic…

I have a 1991 Dodge...
I have a 1991 Dodge Ram 250 B Roadtrek with a 12V adapted Dometic refrigerator. Does it draw off of a RV Marine battery or off the 12V of the van?
8/5/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Those are usually wired up to run off the house battery and not the chassis battery so as not to leave you stranded someplace when dry camping. Look for this on the passenger's side or under the entry step. Once you find this be sure to have it serviced if this hasn't been done lately as these require a lot of water to keep up.........especially in hot weather.
Hope this proves helpful...........

Check this and then we can go from there...............all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit to time or number or responses. Positive Feedback in the form of a "smiley face" would be greatly appreciated when I have fully addressed all your concerns relating to this issue.
This is a 1990 Dodge and a 1991 Roadtrek Model 190 Versitile. No access to anything under the passenger side or entry step from the inside of the van. It has a generator system as well. But the wiring does show two batteries.
Some are under the bed area in a box...........we don't have any manuals here for these.
If that doesn't work let me know and I can opt out of this and let another tech offer something. Way too many makes and models out there to remember them all without a manual. Some companies have them and many don't.

Randa., I checked for it in "all the usual suspects" places under the bench seats in the back Generator & converter, but no battery. Other side has the "furnace" and a tire! Maybe we need to call in someone familiar with the Roadtrek models. Kid at Batteries plus said the 1996 models had them under the driver's side seat, but not on this. For the money, I'd sort of hoped someone would have access to manuals either on line or hardcopy. Please refer. I'm heading out tomorrow and would like to have this resolved. Thanks for your help.

Not a problem.............I don't know who else might be on now..........it may be tomorrow morning before you get some input. Sorry I don't have what you need!
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Okay. I'll look for a response. I'm using a loaner computer so please let me know again via my cell number by text if someone does respond. Thanks.
They will contact you via this posting............