RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2003 wildwood camper by Forrest River. Camper was…

I have a 2003 wildwood...
I have a 2003 wildwood camper by Forrest River. Camper was plugged into garage and we blew a fuse in the house. Reset.it. now the camper working again and freezer is cold yet the refrigerator isn't working. Any ideas?
7/13/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

How long has it been plugged in and is the fridge level? Please get back to me with a make and model and I can assist you further.
It has now been plugged in two hours. The make is Dometic and the model is RM 2652. The camper and fridge are both level and have been.
Open up the outside inspection cover and see if the flue is hot. Look for any yellowish debris near the burner base. And are you on LP or AC mode?
We are on AC mode...and that is our preference. Flue is not hot and no yellowish debris near the burner base. Gas isn't lit.
Is the check light on? The "on" light is lit up? Go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this model. Bookmark it so you can come right back to it again. Lots of good information in there. If AC mode isn't available it will try to go to LP mode and if that isn't available it will go into "check" mode. Make sure that the breaker for the fridge isn't tripped. Check for power at the plug once you open up the outside inspection cover.

If you have a small multimeter we can do some testing. Those are about $15 at most automotive or hardware stores for a digital readout version. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Check those out and then if we need to we can go from there...............All follow ups are included in our fee. No limit to time or number or responses. Positive Feedback in the form of a "smiley face" would be greatly appreciated when I have fully addressed all your concerns relating to this issue.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
The freezer has been and still is working great. Electricity doesn't appear to be the issue.
Do you know for sure how much AC current you have available? Low AC voltage will result in poor cooling. Or you may have a bad thermister and we can test that will a meter as shown in the manual. The meter and a glass of ice water. OR you can pull the cover off the control board and disconnect the thermister..............bottom plug on the top left hand corner of the board. That will call for maximum cooling. If this has only been on a few hours it may not be fully equalized yet. It can take up to 6 hours to get fully cold. This isn't like your house fridge.