RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a dometic Royal fridge Model RM3663 serial #

11400205 in our RV...
We have a dometic Royal fridge Model RM3663 serial # 11400205 in our RV . The propane burner will ignite manually ( Pizo lighter ) and after about 3 to 5 min of burning will shut down . when this happens you hear a auditable click . The burner will not reignite automaticly . after a couple of min you can manually re lite the burner and the process starts all over again. what needs to be replaced
7/8/2012
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is ***** ***** perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Maybe nothing...........the LP pressure at the tank regulator may be too low and it won't generate enough heat to keep the gas valve open. OR the burner may be dirty. The LP pressure should be checked and adjusted at least once a year. This is the most neglected area of RV service! Go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this model. I would Bookmark it so you can come back to it again later. Lots of great info in there.

Check this and then if we need to we can go from there...............all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit to time or number or responses. Positive Feedback in the form of a "smiley face" would be greatly appreciated when I have fully addressed all your concerns relating to this issue.
I have checked the voltage of the thermocupler and it registeres 35.5 mv so i suspect the propane flow is adiquate to keep the circut open at the senioloid valve now have the unit on ac power to see if it works and have not checked it yet is. there a porcess that will set the circut boards back to factory settings ?
The circuit board has no "factory settings" as such.........and it may be needing replacement. You can have a shop test it for you. Or it might have a dirty ground that is affecting the proper operation. The DC voltage has to be over 12 VDC to the board and free of any AC ripple from a bad converter. Winnebago products are known for this sort of thing, but it can affect others as well. If you have florescent lighting it can affect the board from feedback. This is mostly a problem with Norcold boards though. These would be other things to check........as well as being sure that the thermocouple is installed correctly on the board. If this has had an upgrade to a Dinosaur Electronics board they have to have an additional ground added most of the time. These would be things to check. The thermocouple voltage is more than adequate.
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

as I suspected there is no easy answer for my issue your service has been most helpfull

thank you again for your insight

Gordon

Start by having the control board tested. If you don't have a Dinosaur Electronics board I would get one...........that alone usually makes a lot of difference. OEM boards are just junk out of the box!

Thanks for the nice bonus............much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can get you an immediate answer and save you a bunch of $$$ besides!