RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1985 Pace Arrow Y27 floorplan. The 110 outlets

Customer Question
behind the microwave and above...
I have a 1985 Pace Arrow Y27 floorplan. The 110 outlets behind the microwave and above the kitchen sink don't work. I have checked the breakers and everything there is working fine. I tried tripping the GFI in the bathroom, that outlet is working fine. The porch outlets are working fine, and the outlet in the fridge compartment is working fine. I have the wiring diagram that came with the owner's manual, but it does not show a microwave in the schematics. Except for those two outlets, the 110 system works great. I need to know where else I can look to solve this issue, or preferably, a wiring schematic that shows the microwave.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: RV
6/26/2012
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 10 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is ***** ***** perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Those two plugs are on another GFCI in the kitchen area. Find that and resolve this issue.
See your wiring diagrams as this should show on there.

Please get back to me if you need more on this later as all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses needed. Positive Feedback would be greatly appreciated when I have fully addressed your concerns here.
Hi Randall, it's Melinda, you told me how to pull the old microwave out yesterday. There is no GFI outlet in the kitchen, the only two outlets in the kitchen are the two that aren't working. I looked for a switch behind the microwave but there is nothing there. I also looked around outside in case their was a GFI I was missing there. The only GFI outlet in the coach is the one in the bathroom, and I tried tripping and resetting that one but it didn't kick on the dead outlets.
There is always one for the kitchen area. By code there has to be. It may be out of sight and look at the diagrams carefully as they should show these. It under the sink or under the edge of a counter. These kitchen outlets HAVE to be on a GFCI circuit. They can put these almost anywhere. Check in the storage bays or in cupboards. It should turn up. Was this microwave really o.k.?
this microwave was working fine, just to be sure I plugged something else into the outlet to make sure it wasn't the microwave. There is a breaker on the converter labeled "general purpose" that controls the GFI circuit according to the wiring diagram. I tried resetting that breaker but it didn't help. I also reset the GFI in the bathroom after I reset the breaker.

I looked under the sink, I did find another outlet but no GFIC. That outlet doesn't work, either.
Keep looking.................it has to be there. These have to pass inspection and it worked before at some point. If you don't find it give Fleetwood Customer Service a call at(###) ###-####and see if they can steer you in the right direction.